P Separators 805/815
P-separators are based on purifier technology, which means that the oil/water interphase is manually adjusted by means of a gravity disc. Because the separators do not automatically adjust to varying oil density, they are most suitable for economical cleaning of the following:
- Lubricating oils
- Lighter diesel oils
If the oil is well defined and does not vary in density, P-separators can also be manually adjusted to clean heavy fuel oils with densities up to 991 kg/m3 and viscosities up to 600 cSt/50°C.
P-separators are designed for automatic operation in periodically unmanned engine rooms at sea and in automated power stations ashore.
Scope of supply
The S and P Flex separation concept provides a wide range of alternatives for P-separators. Depending on the need, a P-separator can be supplied as a separator and ancillaries, as a customer-specified module, or as part of a comprehensive package including services and order-specific documentation.
A P-separator with ancillaries in the form of optimized block components provides full say over the use of space. This allows for local modularization or do-it-yourself assembly.
A compact P-separator module can be built to a customer-specified configuration from a wide range of modular skids and machine blocks. Multi-modules are possible, as well as mixed modules including one or more S-separators and/or P-separators for the simultaneous treatment of different types of mineral oils. All Flex modules are factory tested to ensure faster start-up and commissioning.
Single flex module with separator (excluding heater and pump)
Single flex module with separator, heater and pump
Quadruple flex module with separators, heaters and pumps
A Flex separation system based on S-separators 805/815 is operated automatically by the EPC 60 controller, except at startup. Untreated oil, heated to the correct temperature,is fed continuously to the separator, which is driven by an electric motor via a friction clutch and belt.
The separator bowl is fixed at the top of a spindle, which is supported by bearings and springs. During operation separated sludge and water accumulate at the bowl peripheryand are intermittently discharged by the high-precision discharge system.
Operation of the separator is based on the Alcap principle, which means the separator automatically adjusts to the density of the oil. Thus, no gravity disc is needed. A water transducer in the clean oil outlet measures capacitive resistance and signals changes to the EPC 60 controller.
When the water content has increased or the timer setting has expired, the system automatically discharges the accumulated water and sludge through the bowl discharge ports during a controlled sludge discharge.
During normal operation, vital process parameters are monitored. These parameters, as well as alarms, are indicated by easy-to-understand text messages on the LCD display of the EPC 60 controller.
The EPC 60 controller provides many alarm functions, in-cluding alarms for low oil pressure, high sludge tank level (if the optional sludge removal kit is included) and power failure. Additional functions are available as well.
Flex separation systems based on S-separators 805/815 can be complemented with the following equipment:
- Starter (included in module versions)
- Space heating
- Additional thermometers
- Vibration switch
- Feed pump (see feed pump delivery options below)
- Flow regulating system
- ludge removal kit
- Sludge outlet butterfly valve kit
- team shut-off valve kit
- Air pressure reducer valve
- Pipe arrangement for multiple modules, including heater cross-connection
- Emergency safety shutdown
- emote monitoring
Feed pump options
A preventive maintenance programme using Alfa Laval Service Kits ensures safe and easy maintenance.
- Recommended maintenance intervals:
- Intermediate Service every 2 000 hours or 3 months
- Major Service every 8 000 hours or 12 months
- Service kits contain all necessary spare parts for each service and tips for maintenance at regular intervals:
- Intermediate Service Kit with O-rings and seals for separator bowl, inlet and outlet
- Major Service Kit with parts for drive system, belt, bearings and friction pads
- The System Manual includes detailed information in electronic or printed form:
- Installation instructions
- Operating instructions
- Alarms and troubleshooting
- Service and spare parts
- Commissioning and technical services, including startup assistance and advice on operation and maintenance, are available from all Alfa Laval offices
- Training in all aspects of oil treatment, freshwater generation and heat transfer is available
- All services can be incorporated into specially tailored Nonstop Performance packages. Details are available from local Alfa Laval offices
Max. Recommended Capacity, l/h on HFO 380 cSt/50°C
|Main supply voltage||3-phase, 220 V up to 690 V|
|Control voltage||1-phase, 100/110/115/230 V|
|Frequency||50 or 60 Hz|
|Control air||Min 5 bar, max 8 bar|
|Operating water pressure||Min 2 bar, max 8 bar|
|Flex System||Size (height x width x length)*||Net Weight*|
|P 805||928 x 750 x 1035||286 kg|
|P 815||928 x 750 x 1035||293 kg|
* Dimensions and weights for Flex systems do not include control cabinet.
|Flex Module||Size (height x width x length)**||Net Weight**|
|S 805||1750 x 750 x 1075||433 kg|
|S 815||1750 x 750 x 1075||438 kg|
** Dimensions and weights for Flex modules do not include pump and heater.