Food and Beverage
Alfa-Laval centrifuges have been used in the beverage industry for almost a century. They perform a wide variety of functions, including:
- Clarification of raw and depectinized fruit juices; cloudy juices and other beverages.
- Clarification of high-solids juice and other beverages.
- Polishing of beverages.
- Citrus juice clarification and depulping.
- Essential oil recovery from citrus fruits such as oranges, lemons, tangerines and limes.
- First stage peel oil concentration.
- Second stage peel oil polishing.
Dairy Centrifuges are used in milk clarification, hot milk separation, whey clarification, cold milk separation, whey separation, and bactofugation.